Friday, September 14, 2012

walk through


even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I fear no evil for You are with me.... Psalm 23:4

I don’t like this valley. I would rather keep climbing the mountain into the heavenly places.  Our Heavenly Father knows best why we must enter the valley. We must trust.   Personally, I would rather go around the valley but God takes us through the valley.  This valley looks like and feels like death itself.  But notice it is only the shadow of death.  There is One who has already gone ahead of us who has traveled into death itself and came out alive forevermore! For this reason, no son or daughter of God will ever go through the valley of death but death’s shadow.  (Still scary though)  But once again, we don’t have to be afraid for the One who has gone through the valley of death and conquered is with me and you ... all the way home. 
Are you in a valley of the shadow of death right now?  You may ask, “what do I do?”  That’s what I ask and I also cry out - “get me out of here!”  So, what does God tell us to do. He tells us to walk. Don’t sit. Don’t run.  But walk.  Walk through.... and learn everything you can about the One who is with you and learn everything about yourself as you go through.  Keep your eye on Him and not on the valley. And remember, because of the Cross of Christ, this is really only a shadow and the shadow cannot ultimately harm you.  

No comments:

Post a Comment